A database that tracks dubious medical claims.
Claim number: 66
Claimant: Solal Technologies
Claim date: March 1, 2011
Brand name: Healthy fast foods
Forum in which the claim was made: Advertisement in Shape magazine
Claim methodology: Supplements
Frequency with which the claim is made by this claimant: Unknown
Actual claim: Reduces Aging
Plausibility of this claim: Untested and implausible
The advert claims that the supplements will reduce aging, provide all of the nutrients needed
- Response no 91: ASASA ASA Directorate Ruling on 2012-04-03
- Response no 90: ASASA ASA Directorate Ruling on 2011-06-29
The advertisement shows a female doctor, and is headed “Healthy fast foods”, below which images of products from the Solal range appear. The advertisement is cluttered with information and claims, of which the following were specifically disputed by the complainant:
- “Diet does not supply all our nutritional needs, so get the super nutrients needed in a quick and easy, delicious health shake”.
- “A delicious superfood for complete skin, hair and nail nutrition SOLAL’s Beauty Shake”
- “If your skin cells are provided with all the nutrients they need … they will … resist premature aging”.
- “PRESCRIBED BY DOCTORS RECOMMENDED BY PHARMACISTS”.