A database that tracks dubious medical claims.
Claim number: 51
Claimant: Bloodscan Africa
Claim date: Aug. 12, 2011
Brand name: BloodScan
Forum in which the claim was made: Website
Claim methodology: Blood Analysis
Frequency with which the claim is made by this claimant: Frequent
Actual claim: Analyses Health
Plausibility of this claim: Untested and implausible
This company claims that its proprietary blood analysis system "provides you with a benchmark of your current health status".
The company makes the following hyperbolic and implausible claims about its blood analysis system:
Using the BloodScan profiling system in conjunction with an experienced health practitioner means:
- Achieving higher levels of wellness
- Rapidly increasing recovery rates after strenuous exercise
- Improving your immune system
- Speeding up the body's natural detoxification process
- Increasing energy and vitality
- Minimising the effects of free radical damage and oxidative stress
- Slowing down the aging process
There is no evidence in the medical literature to support the existence of a device that can do this.
The company's marketing campaign is very slick. Their website is professionally put together. In contrast to most quack sites there is not an abundance of grammatical errors. They "look and feel" like a genuine medical device company. But the company is not selling a genuine product.